His first task was painting the garage doors, which had to be done within 30 days per our HOA regulations. It also had to match the original colour.
Next he installed a new exterior door. The blinds are actually built into the window. My mother painted the door. It needs to be re-done.
When we moved into our house, we decided to remove the plantation shutters that covered the sliding glass doors in the living room, as they were so big and bulky and occupied so much space. They've been stored in our garage, but we decided to repurpose them to cover the furnace and hot water heater, while providing ventilation.
There was quite a bit of discussion and debate as to how to set up the hanging racks. We painted boards and fixed to the wall before installing a hanging system that will hopefully hold up during an earthquake.
Finally, we are able to keep both cars in the garage. My first trip out with Jate, I was so nervous that I forgot to open the garage door before I started backing the car out and I put a minor dent in the door. So far, Husband hasn't noticed. Shhh! don't tell!