Monday, 11 September 2017
50 Questions You've Never been Asked
01. What’s your favorite candle scent? Anything vanilla (I know, boring)
02. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister? No one. I love being an only child and don't give a shit about celeberties.
03. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother? See Above
04. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married? I was 30 years old. Married in 2006
05. Do you know a hoarder? Not personally
06. Can you do the splits? Once upon a time I could. Will work on it.
07. How old were you when you first learned how to ride a bike? I'm pretty sure I was 5. I was kind of surprised to see my 7 year old nephew is still using training wheels.
08. How many oceans have you swam in? 2 -Atlantic and Pacific
09. How many countries have you been to? 10 -Austraila, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, England, Scotland, Wales, Belgium, Germany, France
10. Is anyone in your family in the army? My maternal grandfather served. A WWII Veteran.
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one? Kate Victoria
12. What would you name your son if you had one? Jack William
13. What’s the worst grade you’ve got on a test? I've failed a few
14. What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid? Probably Growing Pains. Yes, I'm that old.
15. What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8? I think that was my Cyndi Lauper phase. Orange hair spray.
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series? None of them
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent? Mine is a hybrid
18. Did your mother go to college? Yes and then grad school in her late 40s
19. Are your grandparents still married? Yes at the time of their deaths.
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons? No, but I want to introduce it to Kate as martial arts are helpful for teaching discliping and building self confidence, especially in teens.
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is? Uh, yes.
22. What was the first amusement park you went to? There was a small park near where I grew up in Connecticut
23. What language beside your native language would you like to be fluent in? Spanish and ASL
24. Do you spell the color grey or gray? Grey -the British way
25. Is your father bald? Nope full head of hair.
26. Do you know any triplets? An old hockey teammate was a triplet (nautral conception)
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook? Titanic, never saw The Notebook
28. Have you ever had Indian food? Last night!
29. What’s the name of your favorite restaurant? Crogan's -our local pub. We got a free round of drinks on Saturday just for being frequent patrons.
30. Have you ever been to Nandos? Yes. This is a British questionaire. To others who were wondering, Nandos is a chain restaurant that features different styles of peri-peri chicken and different sauces.
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, Bookers, etc.)? Costco
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender? Edwin (after my maternal grandfather)
33. If you have a nickname, what is it? N/A
34. Who’s your favorite person in the world? my daughter Kate
35. Would you rather live in the countryside or the city? City girl
36. Can you whistle? Sort of
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight? No, but I need to fall asleep with the TV on sleep timer
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning? Yes, I'm a breakfast is the most important meal of the day girl
39. Do you take any pills or medication daily? Calcium and Vitamin D supplements since I switched off dairy
40. What medical conditions do you have? Borderline high blood pressure. I had to go on meds during my final transfer and was on treatment during my pregnancy, but went back to normal range at my post partum visit and was still normal at my physical last year.
41. How many times have you been to the hospital? 3 ER visits (needle stick, finger laceration and cellulitis) and 1 admission to deliver Kate
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo? Yes and I've been reading the book to Kate
43. Where do you buy your jeans? Last time I hit the Levi's outlet
44. What’s the last compliment you got? Two women in the gym noticed that I've lost weight
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning? Sometimes
46. What flavor of tea do you enjoy? Don't like any fru-fru teas
47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own? I'm not a shoe girl. I probably have less than a dozen and that includes three pairs of sneakers
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice? I want to expose her to religion, but hope she chooses to be Agnostic.
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real? 9 or 10. It was revealed on an episode of Family Ties.
50. Why do you have a blog? It was my lifeline during infertility. I wanted to be anoynmous within my support group and I wanted to connect with people who were going through the same challenges. I never imagined I'd make the lasting friendships that I did. I've met 5 bloggers in real life. It's the coolest thing to meet someone in person for the first time and feel like you're catching up with an old friend. My blog is still very important to me, so I just can't quit it.