- Selected our names (Jack William or Kate Victoria)
- Procured anti-stretch mark cream only available in Europe (it may expire before I need it)
- Started a little 'hope chest' with some cute onesies and stuffed animals
- Purchased 'Value-sized' box of tampons from Costco
- Picked up some large sized T-shirts to use a maternity wear (now stashed in the back of my closet with the hope chest)
- Ordered several new competition swimsuits (which are now stretched and faded)
- Registered for a half marathon (set personal best and did two more)
- Decided to renovate our kitchen
- Booked wine tasting tour
- Scheduled a trip to Hawaii in September 2013
- Started an infertility blog (two days before the BFP)
- When my hairdresser asked "Do you have any kids?" I told her about my BFP earlier that morning
- Planned how we would announce to our parents
- Decreased the allowance of my Flexible Spending Account for 2013, thinking we wouldn't need infertility treatment. Miscarried one week after open enrollemnt closed.
- Bought a copy of The Monster at the End of the Book, while Christmas shopping. It was one of my childhood favourties. I gave it to my nephew when I miscarried.
- Signed up for 18 mile run in May
Sunday, 24 February 2013
Temping fate or Jinxed?
I decided to look back at the various things I've done to tempt fate since trying to conceive, or may have possibly jinxed myself...