- I am blessed with good health, and such blessings have been shared with my close friends and family
- I spent another year married to the love of my life. Infertility has only made our relationship stronger
- I am lucky to work in a job that I love with some amazing colleagues
- I have an awesome network of friends and family
- We attended the Olympic Games in Husband's home country
- I spent three days in Paris with my parents -memories I will always treasure!
- Ex-pats reunion at LA wedding
- I completed 2 triathlons (sprint distance) 2 duathalons, (10) 10K runs, (1) 12K run over the Golden Gate Bridge and 3 Half-marathons (established new personal best!)
- Started competitive swimming; 2 short course meets, 2 open water events, One-hour postal swim and 400 KFT
- Another season with my field hockey team
- Four close friends became mothers; I am proud to be an honourary 'auntie'
- Mummy to two sweet kitties. -you will always be my first baby!
- My car's mileage hit 125K and is still running!
- With my dad's help, Husband and I renovated our kitchen
- Re-election of Barack Obama!
- While I am unfortunate to be infertile, I am fortunate to have the support of not only my Husband and close friends, but I am privileged to be a part of a larger online community. I continue to be amazed and inspired by you all!
Monday, 31 December 2012
It was a very good year...
So...2012 wasn't the year that we welcomed our new baby into the world. Yes, it would have been cool for him or her to be born in 2012, as it was a Year of the Dragon, Leap year, Olympics year and presidential election, just like the year I was born, but thank you infertility for giving me some perspective on what is really important. (I'm even getting over the fact that 13 is recognised as being unlucky and is a prime number...) However the year still rocked for the following reasons: