Thursday 7 August 2014

Everyday Victories

I didn't get called in for Jury Duty. Selfishly, I'm glad I didn't have to use one of my sparse PTO days to provide a civic service. Plus, as I didn't have patients scheduled, I ducked out to swim during my lunch hour. Added bonus; there was some light rain in the sky.


We found a new (used) car. It's a 2011 Jetta with only 18,000 miles, and as it's in great condition. We could have gone with a lower priced model, but I opted for heated seats. Every time my butt is toasty and warm, it will feel worth it. It has been only a week, and the car is already infested with clutter and I haven't emptied the box of crap rescued from my old car.


My RE was already ahead of me in wanting to evaluate my uterine cavity, so he performed a sonohystogram at my last appointment. Much to my relief, all was clear. Not to sound like Pollyanna playing The Glad Game; but as much I've been complaining about how long it has taken to get to this transfer, I appreciate that the finding of a polyp or submucosal fibroid could delay this process even further.

As my lining was a plush 12.4 mm, my RE agreed that I could do my transfer earlier -during my vacation week. The cluster fuck of rescheduling patients and re-arranging my time out of the office has been avoided. Additionally, I was able to talk him into letting me take some Valium for my transfer. I don't actually feel I need it, nor do I think it will really make a difference; but -why not?

The healing procedure for my severed finger has been akin to a 'will they, or won't they' couple on a sitcom. It would start to look better, but then regress and seem to be getting worse. My hand surgeon assured me that I just needed to be patient as it would take some time. Fortunately, I'm versed in a long drawn out process. After almost a month, I'm down to a small sized bandage. I will be so happy when I can finally put away my first aid kit.


I've discovered Mini.velle patches. Previously, I didn't have a problem with the adhesiveness of my generic estrogen patches, but they don't seem to be staying on as well in the warmer weather. Not only do the Mini.velle patches stick much better, they're so much smaller! A regular Estradiol patch is about the size of a small lemon, where a 0.1 mg Mini.velle patch is the size of a quarter and a 0.05mg patch is the size of a dime. I've actually been able to wear a two piece swim suit to the pool each day. Even better, I've been able to order samples to be sent to my office. Hey, I never claimed that I played by the rules. 

         
Although I really miss Angus, Tyler is a gem of a cat. He has such a gentle disposition, yet a bold personality. He's very curious and loves to open cabinet doors -we may have have to install childproof latches! The linen closet is one of his favourite nap spots. He's very affectionate and is even exhibiting signs of being a lap cat, albeit he has a short attention span. He's quick and a bit mischievous, which led to him being inadvertently locked in the garage overnight.. Overall, he's a perfect addition to our family even though I resent the circumstances that brought him into our life. Even his big kitty sister is starting to warm up to him.




She seems to be hiding from him, but we're viewing this as progress! 

10 comments:

  1. Love the kitty pics! Congrats on the new ride and glad your transfer is being (hopefully) moved up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we have the same car now Hahahaha! Although ours has quite a few more kilometres on it. Glad to hear the finger is healing, the cycle is progressing, and the kitties are bring in happiness. have a great weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice wheels! I will never be allowed to have a VW as M is still holding a grudge against them for being the official vehicle of the Nazi party. I've told him he needs to move on. Also, I love how cats begrudgingly accept each other. Before you know it they'll be snuggling and cleaning each other and looking at you like, "What?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww.. cute kitties! And, lol , Yes Aramis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to read an update from you!! Thinking of you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely updates! Glad you don't have to reschedule people and your finger is healing up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new car. It's purrrrty! Your black and white looks exactly like ours...down to the annoyed expression in the first pic. lol I'm sure she'll come around and be oh so happy to have some company! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice ride! Congrats on the new car and good lining. Everything crossed for your transfer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for a new to you car! What a great lining for your upcoming transfer. Crossing my fingers for you! Glad Tyler is settling into his new home and into your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great deal: 18,000 miles means it hasn't been used that much by its prior owners. And yes, I'd also pick heated seats. When it's cold you'd rather not be freezing all over and have your butt warm and cozy while driving. I hope your car gets to serve you well. Take care!

    Colin Morton @ SeaPort Auto

    ReplyDelete